Become A Friend
"Hadrian's Wall stands as a striking memorial to an ancient Empire reaching the limits of its power in the wild British countryside. Look on my works, ye mighty and enjoy the view."
Clive Anderson, Broadcaster
2012 saw the launch of the Hadrian’s Wall Trust.
We are charged by UNESCO with looking after the Hadrian’s Wall World Heritage Site through the protection of the monument and enhancement of the area for local communities and visitors. We are also responsible for communicating the outstanding universal values of World Heritage and encouraging more people to visit Hadrian's Wall and learn about its history and significance.
The Friends of Hadrian's Wall has been established so everyone can contribute to the globally important work going on in Hadrian's Wall Country and directly support the World Heritage Site. Each of the 150 miles of the Site costs over £8,000 per year to protect, improve and promote as a destination for enjoying, exploring and learning.
The Hadrian's Wall Trust is keen to build an army of supporters that will help achieve our ambitions to secure that Hadrian’s Wall can be enjoyed for another 2,000 years.
You can be part of this by joining The Friends of Hadrian’s Wall and directly contributing to this internationally important work.
Through our Friends scheme your contribution will make a real difference by:
- conserving, protecting and maintaining the Wall and its landscape for future generations
- advancing knowledge through archaeological research
- educating, informing and inspiring people
- improving the environment around Hadrian's Wall and improving opportunities for local communities
- promoting environmental sustainability
Friends of Hadrian's Wall annual subscription:
- £25.00 Individual
- £35.00 Couple
- £45.00 Family
As a Friend of Hadrian's Wall you will be secure in the knowledge that you are supporting the upkeep and development of Hadrian's Wall, the Hadrian's Wall Path National Trail and the wider World Heritage Site. In addition you will receive the following:
- Welcome pack of visitor information and Hadrian's Wall Country guide
- 10% discount on Hadrian's Wall Trust merchandise
- One whole day's Hadrian's Wall Country Bus rover ticket worth up to £18.00
- A set of 10 beautiful postcards portraying different views within Hadrian's Wall Country
- e-news bulletins about the work of the Hadrian's Wall Trust
Join us! We hope to gain friends from all corners of the former Roman Empire and beyond, from Newcastle to Nijmegen to New York; Carlisle to Cologne to Canberra.
To register your interest in becoming a friend of Hadrian's Wall please email email@example.com