Quality Assessed Scheme
All accommodation listed on this website has been inspected by one of the ratings authorities (VisitEngland or the AA) or has recently applied for a rating and is awaiting assessment. Please be aware ratings may change throughout the year.
The symbols explained below are designed to help you find the quality of accommodation to suit your requirements.
National Scheme VisitEngland & The AA
The following descriptions of what to expect apply to all types of accommodation. Use them as a general guide to what you can expect.
- One Star: simple, practical, no frills
- Two Star: well presented and well run
- Three Star: good level of quality and comfort
- Four Star: excellent standard throughout
- Five Star: exceptional with a degree of luxury
The Different Designators
- Hotel: includes Hotel, Country House Hotel. Metro Hotel, Town House Hotel and Budget Hotel
- Guest Accommodation: includes Bed and Breakfasts, Farmhouses, Guest Houses, Restaurants with Rooms and Inns
- Self Catering
- Holiday, Touring and Camping Parks
- Holiday Village
- Hostel: includes Bunkhouse, Camping Barn, Group Hostel and Hostel
- Hotel Boat: includes Narrowboats, Cruisers and Hotel Boats
Gold, silver and rose awards are given to properties that not only achieve their overall rating but also exceed the expectations within their rating level. The awards recognise the high level of comfort, cleanliness, hospitality and service afforded.
Silver: this award recognises high quality in all areas of the business, with very good levels of customer care.
Gold: properties achieving a Gold award will demonstrate exceptional levels of quality, comfort, cleanliness, hospitality and attentive service.
Rose: caravan holiday homes for hire which are of a high standard are recognised by the Rose Award. These are sited on 4 or 5 star Holiday Parks.
For more information on quality accreditations visit www.enjoyengland.com